11.16.2013

Working for the Weekend 11.16.13

I want to have a space where I can share a bit about my personal life and Philadelphia. Hence, "Working for the Weekend" or WFTW has been created. Hashtag away! Law school eats up my life during the week (and increasingly on the weekends approaching finals), typically however the weekends are my time for self-indulgence, whether it be a lazy day at home with too much Netflix or a busy with brunch, shopping, errands, and evening drinks. I'm a huge foodie and the go-to gal among my friends for whats going on in the City of Brotherly Love. I'd like to share that and bit about my week in "WFTW."

So here it goes:

What a week. November has been such a whirlwind. How is it already mid-month?! I can't decide if time flying is a good thing (I can't wait for this semester to be over) or a bad thing (finals are in less than a month!!!) This week I had great work/life balance. I got to catch up with a some cousins over AMAZING pizza at Birra on Passyunk Ave. in South Philly. Really great pizza and awesome craft beer list. I definitely recommend the pear and gruyere pizza; the perfect balance of sweet and savory.

Over the past few weeks, the law school has been putting the pressure on us 3Ls to commit to a bar review course. Le stressful. Bar prep sounds like it's going to be the worst 10 weeks of my life. The only saving grace is that 90% of my friends will be suffering alongside me. I know I want to do an online course because I really don't want to hike to the law school every day and would much rather be in sweats with a "white-girl bun" at home. Lord knows I can't look like that in public. I also plan on splitting time between the Jersey Shore and the city. Only an online course could make that happen. So... Themis v. Kaplan. Battle it out.

I also just sold my first item on Craigslist. No murdering, no raping, no mugging (as my father kindly suggested) just moolah and a sweet girl with blue hair. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous selling a piece of furniture and letting a stranger into my apartment, but it had to go. I definitely took precautions to keep myself and my belongings safe. I had my handy-dandy pink pepper spray surreptitiously tucked into my hoodie pocket and the BF close by. My dresser, as quaint as it was, just did not provide enough storage for the amount of space it took up. I purchased a wardrobe from IKEA which is in the process of being built and currently taking up all the floor space in my bedroom.
IKEA assembly hell. Note the failure of keeping a sheet underneath it.
I'm at the point where I need another person to help me to stand it up. Hopefully by next week I'll have the final result to share. I'm really excited for the wardrobe because of the added hanging space. The only flaw of my apartment is that I only have 1 closet, so I have to get creative with my storage space. My clothes can't wait to breathe!

Sales
+ Saturday by Kate Spade // 25% off clothes // Code: GIMME25 // Ends TODAY
+ Kate Spade // 25% off entire purchase // Code: HOLWD13 // Ends TODAY
+ Anthropologie // 20% off dresses & shoes // In-store & online // Ends 11.19
+ LivingSocial // 15% off // Code: WEEKEND15 // Ends 11.17

xo
KEEP UP WITH THE ESQUIRETTE ON: 

No comments:

Post a Comment