12.21.2012

The Essentials: The Perfect Work Bag

This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. In many ways, it was the catalyst for me to start The Esquirette. I first noticed that I was missing a professional bag when I started going to legal internship interviews last year. My everyday bag is the Longchamp Pliage Tote but it is fraying at the corners. Not professional. So I found myself just using my leather portfolio as a big wallet when going to interviews. No one was going to notice my license and credit card in the business card holder right? This worked but I had to sacrifice my ability to bring sunglasses, an umbrella, make up for last minute touch ups, and a mini lint roller. I was putting a lot of faith in many variables going my way. It was time for a big-girl bag. However, finding one has been easier said than done. I've found it shockingly difficult to find a bag in a neutral color, large enough to fit a computer, in good leather, for less than a million dollars. I found many bags that fit part of the bill but too many had flashy logos, were cheap looking, or were HUGE. I'm not looking for luggage or a weekender! I still haven't made the purchase but here are my favorites from my research so far: 
  


1. Charlotte Street - Miles by Kate Spade via Nordstrom $448
2. Pashli Satchel by 3.1 Phillip Lim via La Garconne $895
3. Madison Working Bag by Valextra via Barney's $3,230
4. PAG-MD by Bally $1,995
5. Intergalocktic 13 Computer Messenger Bag by Marc Jacobs via Lyst $358
6. 487 Computer Bag by Decadent Copenhagen approx. $680
7. Vintage Revival Satchel via Fossil $298
8. 15" Classic Satchel by Cambridge Satchel Company approx. $168

Do you have a go-to work bag? Help a sister out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment