1.27.2014

Monday Motivation

"1L they scare you to death, 2L they work you to death, 3L they bore you to death"
I seriously doubted the third part of that saying until this semester. Last semester was easily the hardest semester of my law school career and the switch to this semester has been extreme. I've gone from hours in the library and wishing to have more time in the day to killing time in the library by reading on my Kindle. Quite simply, I'm bored!

I've reached a point where I have my next steps already lined up and I want to start moving forward. I want to take the bar exam and just be over with it. I want to start my clerkship. I want to be an attorney. This waiting game filled with pass/fail classes, frigid weather, and a depleting bank account is painful. As Mr. Tolstoy put it: I'm desiring my desires. Filling the time in between is the struggle. I'm onto my fourth novel so far this year (that's close to the amount I read all last year),  I've cooked numerous new vegan and vegetarian dishes, I've even made a spreadsheet on how to budget my money after graduation.

So what's the motivation? It's all in finding perspective and embracing the change. I'm finding time to do things that I haven't been able to do for the past 2.5 years. I'm applying another part-time job. I'm working on a long-term bucket list task. Most of all, I'm trying to have fun with everything that I do and enjoying the absolute lack of pressure that comes along with this semester.

Any other 3Ls being bored to death? Have any book suggestions?

xo

KEEP UP WITH THE ESQUIRETTE ON: 

No comments:

Post a Comment